The third sector includes charities, community groups, development trusts, social enterprises and the volunteering sector. In September 2018, the new TSI Outcomes Framework was launched after a period of collaboration and discussion between the Network leaders and Scottish Government. It was recognised that the role of the TSIs needed to change and the focus of TSIs was to take a more strategic role in third sector involvement in community planning and health and social care integration and in responding to local needs and outcomes.
The key functions of the TSIs is now to help the third sector in each area in the following ways:
- Building Capacity
- Source of Knowledge
- Connecting partners
- Voice of the Sector
It was agreed that is it is not realistic to expect TSIs to contribute to every relevant government strategy so they link their work to the following:
- National Performance Framework sections:
- We respect and fulfil human rights and live free from discrimination
- We tackle poverty by sharing opportunities, wealth and power more equally
- We live in communities that are inclusive, empowered , resilient and safe
- We are healthy and active We are well educated, skilled and able to contribute to society
- Social Enterprise Strategy
- Volunteering for All
For more information on the role of the TSIs, please go to the TSI Outcomes Framework here.